Pail Pump Cleanout Instructions
Water must be run through the pail pump before each use.
1. Pail Pump must be cleaned out as soon as you are finished sealing.
2. Add two (2) ounces of PineSol & one (1) pound of baking soda – To three (3) gallons of water. Stir well to suspend the baking soda.
3. Run half (1 ½ gallons) of the three (3) gallon mixed PineSol and baking soda through the system. Squeeze the handle (off & on) a few times during the clean-out process to clean the handle assembly.
4. Leave the pump sit for five (5) minutes, re-stir the remaining PineSol & baking soda mixture and run it through the pump.
5. Use the metered pail (see attachment) for the clean-out. Use a scour pad to remove the urethane that will stick to the inside surface of the pail. You don’t want flakes of urethane floating in the liquid which then gets sucked up into the pump diaphragm, clogging the pump on the next use.
6. Fill the pail with five (5) gallons of water and finish the clean-out by spraying a gallon every five (5) minutes until the pail is empty.
7. Pour 1 ounce of PineSol into ½ gallon of water and run through pump and leave in pump until next application. Clean pump out with water before sealing as to not contaminate the sealer.