Super Wet Look® Paver Sealer from Seal 'n Lock
Super Wet Look® Paver Sealer from Seal n Lock is a high solids, two-part water based pure urethane sealer that penetrates the pavers to provide a longer lasting protective barrier with superior joint stabilization (no need for polymeric sand) resulting in a 'wet' look.
Super Wet Look® is user friendly and environmentally safe. The high solids content of pure urethane wears evenly and lasts longer than solvent based sealers.
Super Wet Look® is available in 2 gallon and 5 gallon kits.
Super Wet Look® Benefits
- Two Part Urethane
- Superior Joint Stabilization
- "Wet Look" Shine
- Inhibits Algae & Mold Growth
- Enhances Colors
Typically, the application rate will vary from 150 to 200 sq. ft. per gallon, although this rate will vary depending on the texture, absorption rate of the surface and the width of the paver joints.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
We recommend wearing protective goggles and latex gloves. For best results, apply Super Wet Look® at temperatures between 60° F and 90° F. In cooler conditions, the sealer should be warmed to approximately 70° F. Do not apply if surface or ambient temperature s below 50°F. A test for compatibility, penetration and adhesion is recommended. If the temperature is going to drop below freezing (32° F) make sure sealer has time to cure.
Super Wet Look® is a 2 part urethane which comes packaged in a 2-gallon kit (3 ½ gallon pail) and a 5-gallon kit (6-gallon pail). Part B (metal container) is cradled inside of Part A (pail). Part A and Part B require mixing and stirring (2 minutes) prior to use. Super Wet can be diluted, after mixing with up to 2 parts water and 1 part sealer and makes up to 15 gallons. After mixing, the product must be used within two (2) hours and cannot be stored for future use.
Super Wet Look® sealer will normally dry in sunny areas within approximately 1 hour. Shaded areas, lower temperatures or high relative humidity will slow the drying process. The surface may be open to foot traffic in 4 hours and to vehicular traffic in 48 hours. To minimize tire marks, vehicles should not make sudden stops or tight turns.
Periodic washing of pavers with a mild detergent to keep the area clean is recommended.
DO NOT USE ACIDS. Gasoline, hydraulic fluids and motor oil spills should be removed from the surface of the pavers as soon as possible. We recommend that surfaces previously sealed with Super Wet Look® should be cleaned and resealed every 3 years, depending on environmental exposure and traffic.
- Immediately flush and agitate pump system after sealing with a mixture of 3 gallons water and 8 ounces of pine sol
- Flush out the pump system with 5 gallons of fresh water – 1 gallon every 5 minutes
- Always run water through the pump the next morning to have it ready for use
- Pavers with high absorption rate will require additional top coats of sealer to provide a protective barrier and desired enhancement.
- Super Wet Look® is not intended for submerged surfaces.
- Pressure Washing: Pressure wash the area to be sealed, ensuring that surfaces are clean and free of oil, efflorescence, laitance or contaminants prior to beginning the sealing process. Remove at least ½ in. of the old joint sand so new sand can be replaced between the paver joints.
- Rinsing: Rinse the pavers with water. If any acids/cleaners were used during the cleaning phase, make sure that the acids and cleaners are thoroughly rinsed before sealing.
- Sanding: We recommend wet sanding with a fractured/mason sand (C140) for joint sanding. Broadcast joint sand over the pavers. Rinse the sand into the paver joints to 1/8" below the chamfered edge of the pavers. See the video above for more details. You may sweep the sand into the paver joints but must wait for the paver to thoroughly dry. Use a leaf blower to blow off any residual sand left on the surface of the pavers.
- Sealing: Super Wet Look® can be applied even though the pavers are damp. Super Wet cannot be applied to pavers in standing water, as the sealer will not cure and stabilize joint sand. Allow extra time to dry (damp) before proceeding.
Using our battery operated pail pump system, or pump sprayer uniformly apply a flood coat of Super Wet Look® for joint stabilization. Hold sprayer tip 10" – 12" from the paver surface (avoid overspray on adjacent surfaces, rinse any overspray with water). We recommend 2 parts water – 1 part Super Wet Look® for the flood coat application. Top coat (second coat) can be applied straight (without dilution) for full enhancement or can be diluted 1 part water to 1 part Super Wet Look® to achieve desired enhancement (customer expectation). We recommend no dilution for extreme high absorption pavers. Super Wet Look® appears white when initially applied, but dries crystal clear.
- Resealing Existing Sealed Pavers: Super Wet Look® can be applied over existing sealed pavers, as long as there is no delaminating (peeling) of existing sealer and is worn evenly. If there are any shiny areas, or areas that are white from solvent base sealer we recommend stripping the existing sealer before applying Super Wet Look®.